Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring is here!


Gracie in her high chair

Rocky striking a pose =)

Praise the Lord, our health is much better since the last blog. Kids are healthy again, and I'm almost there. It's hard to get much rest with two little ones, especially lately. For the last two weeks, Rocky has been waking up during the night hungry. He'd been sleeping through the night just fine, and all of a sudden he started getting up at 5:30 a.m., then it was 4:30 a.m., then 3:30 a.m....We're hoping it's just a growth spurt, and he'll stop soon. He is such a big baby--not chubby, just big. I had to buy him 12 mo. shirts the other day because I couldn't snap his 9 mo. ones! (He's only 4 mo. old). He and Gracie can actually wear the same size diaper now (she's on the small side). He's developing well, though, and smiling a lot. We love that. Gracie is learning her animal noises; it's so cute. We'll ask her "What does a lion say?", and she'll say "RRRAAARRRRR!" And whenever she wants something, it's "Pease, pease"; she hasn't quite the "pl" sound yet. I love watching her with Rocky, too. She'll want to hug him and hold his hand. She'll try to give him toys and put his pacifier in his mouth. This morning, she lifted up his pj shirt and kissed his tummy--so sweet. He loves her, too; he's all smiles when he can see her. I'm so grateful to the Lord for those moments; I try to think about that when my patience is low or when they're cranky.
I can't believe April is almost over. Time is just flying by! The spring flowers are out all over the Cape. I love this time of year. Gracie, Rocky, and I have started taking walks on our street. I put Rocky in his infant carrier and let Gracie walk. We have to stop and pick up every dead leaf and pine cone, but she loves it! My mom and dad just got her a little ladybug sand box; it rained today, though, so she hasn't had a chance to try it out yet.
Lou is still quite busy at the church. We've started a Sunday school class for 3-5 year olds now that we have a need. They have to meet at a table in the foyer because there nowhere else to put them, but it's nice to see people willing to serve in whatever capacity. We praise the Lord that we are able to work with these kids.
I'm sure there is other news, but the lack of a full night's sleep is catching up to me....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see your blog and family! Glad that you are well. Isn't it nice that spring is here? Hopefully Lou can blog at cafebiblia soon. I check that site often :). Goodnight!

Tiffany Johnson