
Amy's 29th Birthday

Lou surprised me and took the day off work to be with me for my birthday. We decided to drive out to the Outer Cape, the very tip of Massachusetts. I hadn't been in years, and Lou had never driven all the way to the end. Here is Nauset Light in Eastham...very Cape Cod.

Gracie at the boardwalk at Nauset Beach. It's really beautiful. Lou got me paints, brushes, and an easel for my birthday because I'd mentioned I'd like to learn to paint. (I have a friend who does it and gives lessons). If I can learn, I'd love to be able to paint some of these places instead of taking pictures!

Gracie and I looking at the Three Sisters lighthouses: They used to be along the middle part of the Outer Cape in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The three lighthouses signaled the middle while there was one lighthouse near the tip, and two lighthouses near the bottom in the Lower Cape. Now each location has just one lighthouse, each with a different flashing pattern so boats can identify where they are. These three are preserved in a park near Nauset Beach. Just a little history for you...







2 comments:
I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you friend!! I miss you guys!!!
Beautiful pictures!!
Happy Birthday! So special! You have the cutest kids!
Post a Comment