
Gracie reading to her baby. She pretends to read now. She'll open up a book and babble away; she even turns the pages! Every now and then I hear an actual word. She is starting to really love singing, too. Her current favorite songs are "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Happy Birthday." She'll say, "wheels, bus, round!" and do the hand motions. As for when we sing "Happy Birthday," she'll keep saying "again" until we've sung it to every member of the family! When I learn how to post videos on YouTube, I'll have include it on the blog.

Gracie and Rocky looking out the front window. Gracie loves to get up here and watch for Lou to come home from work.

It's hot and humid here on Cape Cod, and there are LOTS of tourists now. Traffic is crazy! Not like L.A. traffic, but it's still crazy because all the roads here are only two lanes. As the Cape bumper stickers say, "Slow down...you're not on the mainland!" We've enjoyed having some of the summer crowd at church, though. There are several families from like-minded churches who have summer places here, so we see them when they're here vacationing. That is one great thing about living here; we're more likely to see old friends because it's a nice spot for a vacation. We're looking forward to Phil and Darlene Johnson coming to stay with us in August. Phil will be doing a conference for us.
Thanks for all of you who have been praying for my dad. He will be having surgery tomorrow to remove the rest of the tumor. We would greatly appreciate your continued prayers. It's a major surgery, and there are some risks involved. I'm planning to sit with my mom at the hospital, but I'll have to bring Rocky since he's nursing (he refuses bottles; we waited too long!). Please pray that he'll do well since we're expecting to be there about 8 hours. At least, I can take him outside if he gets noisy. Gracie will spend the day with Lou. Hopefully, this will take care of the cancer; I'm so glad to know that God is sovereign over all these things. He is so faithful!
On a lighter note, last time I posted the picture of the sign about the deaf cat. Yesterday, we had another crazy Cape Cod sighting! Down the street from the church, we noticed a fenced area is one of the neighbor's yards. They're raising llamas!!!! Who would have thought? We had to pull over to make sure we were seeing correctly...




3 comments:
Hi there! Good to see photos! I am continuing to pray for you and your family during the surgery.
Hi Amy!
good pics. We are praying for you guys (and so is our Home Fellowship)! By the way, do you need any kids clothes? Let me know!
Love,
Tiffany
Hey cool photos. I don't have your email but i totally want to email you but i don't have your address. can you email me yours? kimberlyarcher@gmail.com :)
Post a Comment